Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dinosaur Illustrations



These dinosaur paintings where done last year in '09 when I was eager to paint something prehistoric. I referenced these from another illustration as it's hard to find a other sources of Dinosaurs, each one was around an hour and a half. I'm guessing it would take me maybe half that time now or maybe just an hour.

It really helped me understand colours as the colours used in each dinosaur vary from one another. The highlights may not be in the best place but even now I'm not good at placing highlights or shadows sometimes.

I've been meaning to more dinosaur paintings but not in this style. I really enjoy painting loosely as possible and enjoy the texture brushes thoroughly . However, it seems that the more texture bruhes i use, the less effective my painting gets. So I'm just going to stick with standards brushes like I use to and maybe improve some on my brush strokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment