Sunday, April 4, 2010

Landscape sketches






30 mins                                                       30 mins


More landscape speed paintings. The snow peaks I had done a week or so ago.

It's very difficult trying to achieve as much detail with minimal brush strokes as possible. I wouldn't mind if my paintings looked a bit more convincing for 30 mins work, but I guess I'm not hitting the right "spots" yet. I also don't think my colours are complimenting each other and my mark making looks very underdeveloped. Perhaps I should spend more than just 30 mins on a painting but I am not really good at detail to begin with.

The landscape work I do is all from my imagination which would be easy to know that I don't have much of one because, my landscapes are always either dull or ordinary.

So I'll leave it as that, and I hope you all have a great Easter.

~ McQueen

1 comment:

  1. I dig the first two, maybe because I'm biased towards green.

    ReplyDelete